Notifications
Clear all

Lenovo T530 Upgrade Question  

RSS

(@sxribe)

Im upgrading my lenovo T530's graphics card. I aim to do so by removing the wifi chip, thus freeing up a PCI-E port, and using an EXP GDC to connect a GTX750ti 2GB. All I ask is for someone other than me to check if this should work and that all parts should be compatible. Also, what version of EXP GDC should I buy?

Links:

EXP GDC

PSREF for the T530 if you need it

Thanks in advance!

This topic was modified 1 year ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
meissnerflux
(@meissnerflux)

I cannot answer your question but am curious to know what draws you to the wifi slot over expresscard?

Lenovo T530 -3rd gen i5 / 16gb/ 1060 3gb via GDC expresscard 4Gbps -- 27' 1080p IPS 75hz freesync Dell (primary) 32' 1440p 60hz 10-bit VA Phillips (secondary)-( previously: W540 / i7 / 16gb / 1060 via TB1 aorus box

ReplyQuote
T430up
(@t430up)

Expresscard is by far better solution. Many, including me, used it with T530 or it's little brother T430.
EXP GDC EC

T480s i7 + Aorus Gaming Box 1070
T430 i7 + EXP GDC 1060

ReplyQuote
(@sxribe)

Thanks for the reply! Would the above graphics card work with this setup though? Can I use my laptop screen with it, aswell as an external monitor? What kind of PSU do I need?

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote