Lenovo ThinkPad W530
I want to upgrade my laptop with eGPU.
Intel HD 4000 + Quadro K1000M
I'm not a Pro so need your help guys...
1. connection will be via Expresscard - PE4C V3.0 is not available in my country. Thinking about EXP GDC 8.4 (8.4d) don't know what's the difference.
2. want to avoid as much problems with installing as possible - user Rawin connected: ThinkPad W530 via EXP GDC 8.4d with MSI GTX970 4GB Gaming. Powered up by DELL DA-2 220W. I just switch to integrated graphics in BIOS and turned off NVIDIA Optimus.
Seems to be easy to do but do You recommend to go with GTX 1060 or higher ? Or it will be more difficult to install?
3. Do I need to use setup 1.35 from Nando4 (btw. greetings) or is not neccesary in this configuration ?
4. PSU : DELL DA-2 220W will be ok ? or what You recommend ?
I am looking forward for your answers.
1) The GDC Beast has worse cabling, so you might be limited to Gen1 PCIe speeds (which means worse performance). But you might get lucky and it will work fine in Gen2.
2) A GTX1060 should work. If you run into Code 43 issues, then nando has a workaround script.
3) Probably not, but you can always buy it later if needed.
4) For a GTX1060, the Dell DA-2 is quite sufficient. It would also be my recommendation since it is pretty cheap, makes no noise and isn't as large as a desktop power supply.
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."- Robert A. Heinlein, "Time Enough for Love."
Welcome aboard and also, hi everyone - I am new as well!
I am in the same boat as you Bruno, just bought a W530 and I am gathering info atm what to buy, which is the best option from egpu connectors etc.
@bruno : you can buy pe4c from bigger chinese sites, tho it takes a while to get it delivered to your home - i'll take this way once its crystallized for me where to aim exactly.
PE4C V3.0 is ordered.
I wanted to use internal screen only as W530 have FullHD and nice colors.
Do You know how many % (approx.) of GPU potential will I get in this combination ?