Lenovo y700 15ISK / which dock do you recommend?

Notifications
Clear all

Lenovo y700 15ISK / which dock do you recommend?  

RSS

(@kristof_czar)

Hey,

I have a Lenovo y700 15ISK (Gtx960m).

I have one free m.2 M key slot. I would like to use adt-link product!

My question is: which version of Adt-link r43sg do you prefer to use with the Lenovo y700 15ISK model? 

ADT-Link r43sg or r43sg-tu? Is there someone, who you this laptop with this dock? If yes could you tell me some practices, how its more comfortable to use, or portable practices?( with picture attach it would be very helpful!!

I'm new in eGPU topic, but i'm really excited to have my first own epgu!

Thanks, you can find me on FB too with this name!

This topic was modified 5 months ago

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

The pictures of the R43SG and R43SG-TU are quite clear. The one to choose depends on the location/orientation of the M.2 slot.

The TU is for M.2 slots that are above a motherboard (like a desktop motherboard). The non-TU version is for M.2 slots that are below a motherboard (like a laptop). A single fold can make either model work with either type of motherboard. Find the M.2 slot and plan the best route to outside of the laptop case. Then choose cable(s) for that route. There also exists cabled with 90° directions
http://www.adt.link/m2m.html

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote