Lenovo Yoga 370 - Just a little bit of power  

RSS

(@danny_kohler)

Hello,

I have the following Yoga 370 :

CPU : i7-7500U (7th, 2 cores)
RAM : 16 GB DDR4
GPU : Intel HD GRAPHICS 620

I know the CPU has only 2 cores and I don't know if my TB3 is on 2 or 4 pcie lanes because the HWINFO64 is not clear for me. The Thunderbolt 3 doesn't appear so I don't know which Express Root Port handles the TB3. Consider :

If you can identify how many lanes it has, it can help me.

So, my real question is about an efficient configuration of an eGPU for this laptop that isn't adapted for gaming. I just want to run some gestion games and I would like a enclosure that can handle new gpu when I'll have a new laptop in the futur. (3-5 years)

I have thought that a AKiTiO Node with a NVidia GTX 1050 will do the work. What is yours thoughts ?

(Sorry for this english)

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

@danny_kohler PCI Express Root Port #9 is the only unoccupied one in your HWiNFO64 screen. Therefore it’s likely hosting the Thunderbolt 3 port. Unfortunately you can see that it’s a 2 lane PCIe connection. If you run the eGPU with an external monitor, the 2-lane TB3 will be less significant. Consider the Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Graphics Dock if you’re thinking to get a GTX 1050

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use | eGPU enclosure buying guide

ReplyQuote
(@danny_kohler)

Thanks for your answer

I've heard that the Graphics Dock works only with specific Lenovo, and I've seen several people have some problems with the Yoga 370. Thus, I would like a stuff that I can upgrade in time, so an enclosure seems good because even if my actual computer is a two TB3's pcie lanes, maybe my futur laptop will be four TB3's pcie lanes and I'll can upgrade with new GPU's. Does it make sense or is this stupid ? (So in the beginning, it's maye less significant, but in the futur it will be economic)

This post was modified 3 weeks ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@danny_kohler)

Bump

ReplyQuote