Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
Looking for a MBP 2018 13inch workstation: Razer Core X + Sapphire Nitro Vega 64...

Looking for a MBP 2018 13inch workstation: Razer Core X + Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 + BenQ PD2700U  

RSS

drunkenmonkey
(@drunkenmonkey)

I am thinking about an eGPU setup for my 2018 MBP 13inch for quite some time now and am currently considering the following:
Razer Core X + Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 + BenQ PD2700U
The setup will be primarily be used for Adobe Premier Pro and other Adobe CC products.

First of all I would like to know if you think the performance gain is good enough to justify the investment?
(what I got from my research on YT and so on it makes a big difference due to lack of discrete GPU in the 13inch MBP)
Second I wanted to know if anyone is running the Razor Core X with the Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 (ideally for video editing) and if the setup is becoming very loud?

Lastly I am also looking for a solution for peripherals (SSD, USB 3, Ethernet etc.)? From what I understood its not the best to use the same thunderbolt connection as the eGPU and try to connect a hub to the other side? Any ideas? how about the razer core v2 or the mantiz venus?

Thanks a lot for the support guys!

This topic was modified 3 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote