Notifications
Clear all

MacBook Pro Late 2013 eGPU  

RSS

(@kyle_monroe)

Hello everyone Smile

First off, I just want to apologize if I’m posting in the wrong section, I’m very new to the eGPU world and find myself a little overwhelmed as I continue to research.

My question is simple, what eGPUs am I able to connect to my Late 2013 MacBook Pro? I want to speed up my renders in Cinema 4d and Premiere Pro.

I know I need a Thunderbolt 2 to thunderbold 3 cable.

Any information would really help me and this seems like the place to go. 

Hope everyone’s doing well Smile

edit: I’m hoping to keep the price below $400 (for the GPU, not the enclosure) if possible. I’ve browsed the forum and found some solutions but I guess I would like to hear from someone directly if possible, thanks!

————-

My macbooks specs

MacBook Pro retina, 15 inch, late 2013

processor - 2.3 GHz intel core i7

memory - 16 gb 1600 MHz DDR3

graphics - nvidia gforce gt  750m 2 GB

Intel iris pro 1536 mb

This topic was modified 3 months ago

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
joevt
(@joevt)
Noble Member

Any Thunderbolt 3 eGPU should work the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter plus Thunderbolt 2 cable.

Use the  Builds  list and search for similar build using your model MacBook Pro.

There's 25 for 2013 MacBook Pro, 18 for the 15-inch, and 3 for the Retina.

Mac mini (2018), Mac Pro (Early 2008), MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Sonnet Echo Express III-D, Trebleet Thunderbolt 3 to NVMe M.2 case

ReplyQuote
(@hysen_ch)

@kyle_monroe

I have the same notebook, it has thunderbolt 2 port.  a TB3 to TB2 adapter is nessary for eGPU.

I just find the best performance eGPU box. hope share info with each other.

see u.

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
(@kyle_monroe)

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Since my Macbook already has a Nvidia GeForce card, Am I able to use an nvidia gpu with the razer core x? (I know Apple and nvidia don’t get alone these days)

Im going to go with the razer core x for the gpu enclosure but I’m not sure what actual gpu is best for speeding up renders in cinema 4d and premiere.

Any feedback will help! thanks again

This post was modified 3 months ago

ReplyQuote