Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
MBP 13,3” 2018 + Aorus gtx 1080 bootcamp as desktop?

MBP 13,3” 2018 + Aorus gtx 1080 bootcamp as desktop?  

RSS

DeNachtwacht
(@denachtwacht)
Eminent Member

Hi guys,

I am waiting for my MacBook Pro 2018 13,3 with 16GB DDR3 and i5 8259. Because I also need a new desktop, I was wondering if buying an Aorus gtx 1080 gaming box would be a decent alternative for a desktop. A new desktop pc with decent GPU easily costs €1000+ so i was thinking would this work as a good desktop replacement (using Boot Camp).

I think connecting my monitor, mouse and keyboard to the eGPU would make a nice desktop replacement. Most demanding thing that I use my desktop for is PUBG (preferably @ 4K if possible). What do you guys think, wise decision or not?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
rvyne
(@rvyne)
Eminent Member

for latest MBP 13" its seems powerful enough for eGPU unlike 2016< which plague with bandwidth issue. (some additional step to disable and re-allocate resources)

but for your purpose about connecting mouse/keyboard on your eGPU you might be disappointed  its common issue including Auros Gaming Box for usb 3.0 hub  seems not working well (it keeps disconnecting). I wasn't able to resolve on my late 2016 model (still waiting for my new model to arrived)

I'm also using my LG 43" 4k monitor works well with  Total Warhammer II, Never tried yet with  PUBG and MMORPG game though coz of internet issue at home still being resolve (using iphone lte for internet lol)

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
Eightarmedpet
(@eightarmedpet)
Noble Member

itsage liked
ReplyQuote
DeNachtwacht
(@denachtwacht)
Eminent Member

Posted by: Eightarmedpet

Yes. I play pubg on a worse set up and get 60fps @ 1440.

But do you play on a Mac? And is that 60 FPS with ultra settings?

ReplyQuote