Razer Blade 15 (RTX 2070 Super & i7 10875H) + eGPU worth it?

Notifications
Clear all

Razer Blade 15 (RTX 2070 Super & i7 10875H) + eGPU worth it?  

RSS

Mohammad Abdullah Khan
(@mohammad_abdullah_khan)

Hey yall I've been stalking egpu.io for a few weeks after I got my razer blade 15 with an RTX 2070s. I had a desktop setup with a GTX 1080 and a Ryzen 7 but I traded it for this laptop primarily because of college and portability and my Gtx 1080 was getting old and I wanted to experience RTX cards and hold a better value for my device. I just want to know what will be better for me. selling this laptop and maybe getting a 300$ laptop and a newer gaming desktop or getting an EGPU with a 3060ti or a 3070. I already have a 1440p 144hz Samsung monitor and i want to use it (full 144hz) and i could possibly connect it directly to the eGPU. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@mohammad_abdullah_khan, If you connect the eGPU through NVMe M.2 socket, it's worth the performance cost. Thunderbolt 3 eGPU on 10th gen H-CPU such as this Razer Blade 15 is no good, so you wouldn't see appreciable gains over the RTX 2070 dGPU.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2020 13" MacBook Pro [10th,4C,G] + RX 6700 XT @ 32Gbps-TB3 (CM MasterCase EG200) + Win10 1903 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Mohammad Abdullah Khan
(@mohammad_abdullah_khan)

@itsage, thanks a lot dude. i might trade for a 3070 blade 15 or something than cuz i wanna future proof this laptop for at least four yers

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote