Notifications
Clear all

Razer Blade Stealth 2017 (13.3) Kaby Lake  

RSS

Abderrahmen Blidi
(@abderrahmen_blidi)

Hi guys, 

I'm new to the forum and to this. 

So i'm the happy owner of the the Razer Blade Stealth 2017 (Kaby Lake 7500)  the 13.3 version. 

I want to have an eGPU for some casual gaming ( I already can run League Of Legends without problems) but I want a greater play condition with Path Of exile. 

So, since I can't afford the Razer Core (due to the price), I want to turn to another option. I saw on the buyer guide that the PowerColor is the sheaper option (I won't build in a big heavy GPU). So, do you know if this gonna be 100% compatible with my RBS ? If no, is there another "cheap" version ? 

Thanks, 

Newjil. 

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin
Builds: 155

The PowerColor Devil Box will work fine with your Razer Blade Stealth. With $200-$300 savings, you can get a nice graphics card.

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Instagram

external graphics card builds
best laptops for external GPU
eGPU enclosure buyer's guide

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
Abderrahmen Blidi
(@abderrahmen_blidi)

Hi ! Thank you for the answer. Will check this out ! And what about the Aorus 1070 gaming box

To do: Create my signature with system and expected eGPU configuration information to give context to my posts. I have no builds.

ReplyQuote
xenokira
(@xenokira)

I'm in a similar boat as OP. I did buy the Razer Core v2 for my RBS Kaby Lake, but returned it after the PSU failed in less than two weeks. After getting my refund I've decided I'd like something a little less expensive than the Core v2. I've been looking at the Akitio Node Pro, but USB PD is only rated for 60W (vs. 65W that the RBS appears to be). Any concerns?

Razer Blade Stealth (Late 2020) with Razer Core X Chroma (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080)

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@abderrahmen_blidi The AORUS 1070 Gaming Box is a very nice option atm due to high GPU price.

@xenokira 60W PD from the AKiTiO Node Pro will be just fine for the RBS.

2021 14" Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio [11th,4C,H] + RTX 2080 Ti @ 32Gbps-TB4 (WD_Black D50) + Win11 [build link]  

ReplyQuote
xenokira
(@xenokira)

@itsage Thanks for the confirmation. I thought so with only a 5W difference. My thinking is that worst case it'll charge slightly slower under load, but 60W should be enough that I never get a "negative charge" (i.e., battery drain) while using the Akitio Node Pro.

Razer Blade Stealth (Late 2020) with Razer Core X Chroma (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080)

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Founder Admin

@xenokira I have used the Breakaway Puck (45W PD) with a 2017 13" MacBook Pro (requires 61W). The enclosure can charge this MBP just fine, at a slow rate. 5W difference in your case is very minimal.

ReplyQuote
xenokira
(@xenokira)

@itsage Awesome! My Akitio Node Pro arrives today Smile

ReplyQuote