Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
What is best card for a 2014/2015 MacBook pro with no internal gpu only Intel

What is best card for a 2014/2015 MacBook pro with no internal gpu only Intel  

RSS

(@simon_plamondon-roy)

I am looking for the best performance card for my 2014/2015 MacBook pro to do Video edit on Resolve. I am tired to wait all the night to export a video. Can you also tell me what script I should run ?

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
itsage
(@itsage)
Famed Member Admin

I'd recommend the Gigabyte RX 580 Gaming Box. You also need the Apple USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter and a Thunderbolt 2 cable. Software wise you need either Purge-Wrangler script or automate-eGPU EFI boot loader.

Best ultrabooks for eGPU use

eGPU enclosure buying guide

OliverB liked
ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

The Breakaway Puck 570 pairs very well with the 13-inch 2015 MBP, too. It's my wife's setup and she is very happy with it. You only need additional software on MacOSX, TB2 works fine in Bootcamp without any hack.

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote
(@simon_plamondon-roy)

So nothing up a RX580

Pending: Add my system information and expected eGPU configuration to my signature to give context to my posts

ReplyQuote
OliverB
(@oliverb)
Noble Member

Posted by: Simon Plamondon-roy
So nothing up a RX580

Do you "need" or "want" something bigger? From personal experience I can tell you, there is no need (but wishes of course).

2018 15" MBP & 2015 13" MBP connected to RTX2080Ti GTX1080Ti GTX1080 Vega56 RX580 R9-290 GTX680

ReplyQuote
(@simon_plamondon-roy)

I need a loot of graphic power because I do a lot of 4K transcoding

ReplyQuote