What is the best egpu case for a macbook...

What is the best egpu case for a macbook pro retina late 2013?  

galaloraby
(@galaloraby)

I want to buy a egpu case for my macbook pro retina late 2013 with gt 750m and also what is the best card for gaming that would work on the laptop perfectly? i was thinking about the GTX 1060 but it requires an addition power supply and cable cutting and all that stuff which im not good at so instead i was thinking of getting a GTX 1050 ti

3 Replies
ondert
(@ondert)
Trusted Member

I'm a newbie also but if you would like to use it on MacOS High Sierra easily, at this moment you have to have an AMD card. If you want to make your own solution, I'm not experienced.

Mymantiz_John
(@mymantiz_john)
Vendor
Posted by: galaloraby

I want to buy a egpu case for my macbook pro retina late 2013 with gt 750m and also what is the best card for gaming that would work on the laptop perfectly? i was thinking about the GTX 1060 but it requires an addition power supply and cable cutting and all that stuff which im not good at so instead i was thinking of getting a GTX 1050 ti

Of course I will say Mantiz Venus is the best choice for you....

Antharsious
(@antharsious)
Trusted Member

Just be aware that you won't be able to use your eGPU with bootcamp if you choose a Thunderbolt3 enclosure.

There is a detection issue where NVIDIA cards enter into conflict with the 750m when using a Thunderbolt3 enclosure....