Enclosure & Hardware Discussions
will a Gigabyte Brix GB-BXBT eGPU build with a nom external powered gt 1030 work...

will a Gigabyte Brix GB-BXBT eGPU build with a nom external powered gt 1030 work?  

RSS

(@sl4vb0i)

Ever since windows 7 got announced that they're shutting down in 2020 i began to think of what laptop i should buy untill i found out about nettops and they're capabilities. Since electricity costs alot in my country to pay for my only choice was a laptop or nettop. I researched on amazon some nettops and found an Gigabyte Brix GB-BXBT with an intel celeron j1900. The cpu was close enough to the processor in my laptop (intel i5 M560). I already knew about External gpus but never had the chance to try them out so i already had an idea of what gpu to get (an 750ti with no external Power, a gtx 950 or gt 1030 with no external power either) but i have no idea of what adapter i need to buy or if even my setup will work. Please recommend me any adapters/gpu's/nettops or other ideas that will work. Thanks for reading

For now i have a Toshiba Tecra with an Intel i5 M560 clocked at 2.6Ghz and an intel hd 4000, Once my nettop idea gets approved i will use the toshiba tecra as an test machine for coding/eGPU's/light video editing.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags