Following the release of COVID-19 Coronavirus Protease structure by the Worldwide Protein Data Bank Foundation, Folding@home and Rosetta@home are joining researchers to combat this new pathogen. While many of us can’t be actively involved, our community has plenty of computing power to lend a hand. Through distributed computing, we can put our idling computers to work.
I currently have several computers (including eGPU setups) running Folding@home and Rosetta@home. Please visit this link to download Folding@home. Once the installation completes, your computer can start contributing anonymously. If you would like to join our eGPU.io community team, the team number is 235996. If you register for passkey with your Identity, the Points Per Day increase significantly. To download Rosetta@home, download the BOINC client at the following link. After the installation, you can choose Rosetta@home project under “Biology and Medicine” category in BOINC Manager.
March 12th Update: Folding@home provided an update with the project numbers and what they do. Also to note is that they are GPU optimized so using our eGPUs for these projects is an excellent match. It would be great to know how we can configure our systems to specifically work on them. Here’s a quick summary:
- 11741: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) receptor binding domain in complex with human receptor ACE2. atoms: 165550, credit: 15396
- 11742: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) protease in complex with an inhibitor. atoms: 62227, credit: 9405
- 11743: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) protease – potential drug target. atoms: 62180, credit: 9405
- 11744: Coronavirus SARS-CoV (SARS causing virus) receptor binding domain trapped by a SARS-CoV S230 antibody. atoms: 109578, credit: 7608
- 11745: Coronavirus SARS-CoV (SARS causing virus) receptor binding domain mutated to the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) trapped by a SARS-CoV S230 antibody. atoms: 110370, credit: 7685
- 11746: Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 causing virus) receptor binding domain in complex with human receptor ACE2 (alternative structure to 11741). atoms: 182699, credit: 16615
Share this Post